Sunday, July 14, 2013

Review: Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream: Tokyo, Istanbul, Antwerp and San Paulo

According to nyxcosmetics.com, Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream are neither lipstick nor lip gloss, this matte lip cream is a new kind of lip color that goes on silky smooth and sets to a matte finish. Soft Matte Lip Cream is surprisingly durable and, unlike some matte lipstick formulas, also moisturizing.






Swatches


I read a lot of good reviews about this product. I told myself that I need to have this lippy and try it myself. I bought my Nyx SMLC from thepinkshoppe.com The seller is very accommodating and the purchase was a smooth transaction! They sell it for 250php each for pre-order and 280php for on-hand items. Since the shades antwerp and istanbul were sold out that time, I waited for less than two weeks before I received the items. But then again, it’s worth every penny and surely worth the wait!

Tokyo






Istanbul





Antwerp





San Paulo



Finish: Like what its name states, it has a matte finish.

Consistency: It's creamy and very easy to apply and spread!

Pigmentation: It's very pigmented. Though I apply 2 layers for the lighter shades.

Longevity: It lasts 4-5 hours for me. You have to re-apply after eating. Maybe that's why it's cheap. Compare to other expensive lippies like MAC pro longwear, you must re-apply after eating.

Price: I bought it for 250php each. It's very affordable!!


What I like about the product:

     - Application is smooth and easy since it’s creamy and it has a doe foot applicator.
     - I felt like I wasn't wearing any lipstick at all which is a plus!
     - There are a lot of shades to choose from.
     - It’s very affordable!!
     - There's a number of kiosks in the Philippines that sells these lippies but only one official Nyx store (SM         North)

What I didn't like about the product:

     - It’s not for dry lips. If you use this product, it will make your lips even drier. If you have dry lips, the lines or cracks on your lips will be visible specially if you use lighter shades of this Nyx SMLC. I suggest you use balm like I do before applying this lip cream.
 


Rating: 4 out of 5 stars!!


I really love this lippy!!! It’s cheap, highly-pigmented, it has a variety of shades available, nice scent, lightweight, and especially it has a matte finish! I personally prefer matte finish lippies because I don’t like it when my hair’s sticking onto my lips haha! For those who are lucky enough not to have dry lips, I strongly suggest you try this product. I bet you’ll fall for this lippy like I did. My favorite has to be Antwerp and San Paolo :*




15 comments:

  1. Nice review!really helpful. keep the reviews coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have antwerp, london, san paulo, amsterdam, and tokyo. I love san paulo the most! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, thanks a lot for visited my blog. I love your review here, actually I wanna buy this matte lip cream but I'ven't research the review yet, and I look at your blog and this is very helpful. :D
    Thanks for following me on GFC, I do the same think and following you on GFC, so we can share each other about what we love. Keep posting!!

    xoxo,
    www.divandagitadesiani.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much!! SMLC really is good and i'm glad I helped :)

      ♥P

      Delete
  4. Thanks for dropping by my blog! Antwerp is my fave, but San Paolo looks gorgeous too. :)

    Hope you'll drop by again for my reviews ^^
    http://lauraleialee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you to you too! I'll drop by your blog again and read your future reviews :)

      ♥P

      Delete
  5. love ur review. expect 4 more <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and i also want to buy this kind of lipstick but more orange? or any kind of lipstick in orange shade ?
      do u have any suggestion ?thanks

      Delete
    2. I don't know any orange lip creams sorry but here's a good list of orange lippies:
      - Nature Republic's Provence Long Lasting Lip Stick OR801 (http://ziainprint.blogspot.com/2013/08/august-korean-make-up-haul.html)
      - Maybelline ColorSensational Vivids Lipstick in Electric Orange
      - MAC Tart & Trendy Lipstick
      - Revlon lipstick Siren 677 (creme finish)
      - MAC Morange Lipstick

      It works well with me. I have medium skin tone :)

      Delete
  6. San Paulo is currently on my to-buy list. Looks good on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Also, there actually are a few kiosks here in the Philippines that sells NYX--from online sellers. And last May, a NYX physical store opened at SM North.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the information!! I'll update this post and credit you :)

      Delete
  8. The San Paulo swatch is very pigmented and creamy! Will have to try it!

    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete