Thursday, September 19, 2013

Review: Adapalene: Differin® 1mg/g Cream


According to Wikipedia, Adapalene is a third-generation topical retinoid primarily used in the treatment of mild-moderate and is also used (off-label) to treat keratosis pilaris as well as other skin conditions. It exerts excellent effect in acne condition where the comedones are predominant.


The back of the tube

A dermatologist recommended this product to me. She said that this will cure my acne problem. My mom bought this anti-acne cream from Watsons for about 1,100ph++ or roughly around $26. I forgot the exact amount but it’s more than 1,100php. It’s expensive for a 30-g anti-acne cream if you ask me. Of course I had my doubts whether this product is effective or not. But since a dermatologist suggested it, I gave it a try. And besides, I didn’t pay for it, my mom did hihi!

The product did alleviate my pimples and acne… for the first 3 weeks. It was in the instructions that you only apply Adapalene (with a cleansed face) at night before you go to bed. It stung and dried up my acne which made it faster to disappear. But like I said, it was only effective for the first 3 weeks of use. On the fourth week, it’s as if I wasn’t applying any anti-acne cream on my face. 




As you can see, the tube’s almost empty. I used this product for more than 4 months? I lost track, sorry. I kept on using it because it would be a waste not to! It costs a freaking thousand pesos. It didn’t work on my face as I’ve expected and wanted it to. But hey, maybe this would be the perfect product for you. Ask for professional advice before purchasing this product though, this cost a lot and you wouldn’t want to waste money, would you? Haha! Thank you for reading! J


4 comments:

  1. You are invited to take part in my International Giveaway sponsored by Mignon Mignon.

    Visit: http://beauty-fulll.blogspot.com/2013/09/international-giveaway-sponsored-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice recommendation!
    Kisses from Miami,
    Borka
    www.chicfashionworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used Adapalene twice in my life. The first time was in high school when Adapalene still came in little swabs (like wet wipes) that you put over your face. It dried my face out but seemed to work. Since those days it's now a liquid form in a tube. I have to admit it works but takes around 12 weeks to do so. I think for me it took about 16. I got better results, so perhaps it just depends on how your skin reacts.

    ReplyDelete