Monday, November 18, 2013

Review: The Face Shop Mango Seed Silk Moisturizing Toner, Lotion and Butter



Hello! I am back with a new post after my two-week hiatus. I received samples of Mango Seed Silk moisturizing toner, lotion and butter from Saesil Parknshop. It is a new line from The Face Shop and it’s been endorsed by Seohyun. I got the samples along with my October makeup and skincare haul from South Korea. Here’s a short and quick review of the toner, lotion and butter.

Mango Seed Silk Moisturizing Toner
Directions: Shake the bottle to mix the two layers of the toner. You can either apply the product using your fingers or with a cotton pad.

The toner is really moisturizing. It doesn't give the dry or ‘tight’ feeling like other toners do. The consistency is tad bit thicker than usual toners out there. The toner consists of two layers which is a milky layer and a water layer. It smells fruity but definitely not mango. It actually smells nice. It does what it claims: It replenishes moisture and oil.

Mango Seed Silk Moisturizing Lotion
A little goes a long way. Since the toner itself is already moisturizing, you only need to use a small amount of moisturizer. It has the same scent with the toner. It has a lighter consistency compare to normal moisturizers. It leaves the skin with a moisturized and soft feeling. 



Mango Seed Silk Moisturizing Facial Butter
A new concept of facial butter that contains 100% mango seed butter which delivers silk moisture & good radiance. This product is creamy and buttery. It also smells the same with the lotion and toner.



Price list from SaeSil Parknshop:
  • Mango Seed Silk Moisturizing Toner- (she doesn’t sell it at the moment)
  • Mango Seed Silk Moisturizing Lotion 125ml- 870php
  • Mango Seed Silk Moisturizing Heart Volume Butter 50ml- 1,056php

Rating:
2.5 out of 5 stars (for oily skin)
5 out 5 stars (for dry skin)


The Mango Seed Silk Moisturizing line is made from natural ingredients and is chemical-free. It does what it claims to do. It replenishes moisture and oil. It leaves your skin soft, radiant and glowing. It has a pleasing and not overpowering scent. But for those with oily skin, do NOT use this product. I used this product for 5 days and it gave me breakouts :( I have zits here and there but after using this product, my acne problem worsened! Like what I said, it replenishes skin's oil and moisture so obviously, more oil means more acne for me. Boohoo. Good thing Ms. Cecille sent me samples of these products. It would've been a waste if I bought the whole bottle because it's not cheap! But if you have dry skin, this would be the perfect product for you. It will solve your scaly, dry facial skin. 

P.S. Starting today, I will try my best to post at least one review per week. :)



9 comments:

  1. Hi Patrizia ^_^ thank you for the review! I've been wanting to try this for quite some time but since it's not for oily skin so I guess it's not for me.
    www.intoface.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm still looking for the right toner and lotion for oily skin :)

      Delete
    2. Hi Miss Patricia, Were you already able to find a toner which is good for oily skin? I’m dying to find one too XD
      xo,
      ~Pauline @Eucerin Philippines

      Delete
  2. i was about to buy it! thank god i read your review first.
    I have oily skin too and i am looking for new products.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review, was going to purchase this but I have oily skin so I guess not! :)

    Please check out and follow back if you like xx
    http://blogging-inbalenciaga.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  4. What would you recommend from the Face Shop, for partly oily skin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't used any skin care products from The Face Shop aside from this one. But i've read from other bloggers that they've used The Face Shop Clean Face line.

      Delete
    2. Same here Miss Patricia, I haven’t tried any skin care product from TFS yet.
      xo,
      ~Pauline @Eucerin Philippines

      Delete
  5. Hi, first of all i see you make a good review of this product :)
    I just made an English subtitles for the CF of The Face Shop Mango Seed Volume Butter & Facial Butter
    I hope this helps making your reviews even better, if you don’t mind ^^
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH2EluL8ppI

    ReplyDelete