Monday, December 02, 2013

Review: Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Frame Plus Mascara



This is the second item I have from Majolica Majorca (The first was Rouge Majex). This mascara was actually an… impulsive buy. It was on sale on DealDozen.com for 300php from 795php! I didn’t think twice and clicked the “Buy” button. And now, for the review!

From Amazon.com
“Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Frame Plus Mascara lifts the lashes, put a lot from the roots, causes eyes stand out frame. (Eyeliner effect) You will be rewarded with the hair combed to the side toward the comb, mascara extending fiber and fluid, a separate lashes and a long finish. 1.5 times the length of the dark fiber * formulation. Majolica Majorca Rush Expander. The long-lasting beautiful curls.”

This mascara is unique for its double-sided comb and popular for its fiber and lengthening properties. The saw-tooth side (first step) is to coat the lashes with the mascara formula and the other side, which resembles a comb (second step), is to apply more fiber and to separate and lengthen eyelashes.



1. Coat eyelashes with the mascara using the saw-tooth side.



2. Using the comb, apply more mascara & fiber and separate & lengthen lashes


Top: Before
Bottom: After (1 coat only)

Top: Before
Bottom: After (1 coat only)

Top: Before
Bottom: After (1 coat only)

Top: Before
Bottom: After (1 coat only)
What I like about the product:
  • The packaging was simple, pretty and elegant. (Like any other Majolica Majorca products)
  • Waterproof and smudgeproof (doesn’t budge/smear)
  • Lengthens eyelashes and holds curl all day
  • It has a lot of fibers and it's jet black

What I didn’t like about the product:
  • It doesn’t help much in adding volume to lashes
  • It’s pretty expensive. It costs 795php.

Top: Before
Bottom: After

Rating
4 out of 5 stars


All in all, I like this mascara. It doesn’t clump when I apply it. The formula is great! It also contains a loooot of fibers. It’s a thumbs-up in lengthening your lashes but not much in the volume department. It is waterproof and smudgeproof. I use an eye & lip makeup remover to remove the mascara. It’s not cheap so I’m lucky to have bought it at a very low price. But I wouldn’t buy this mascara again. I would want a mascara that adds more volume than length. 

3 comments:

  1. I have this mascara in black and I used to love it!!! But then I found dolly wink... And i think you may like it better too cuz it adds more volume than length!!! Happie new year!!! I've just followed you via GFC, looking forward to your next post love!

    xoxo, Mango ❤
    MangoRabbitRabbit's Blog | Screw New Year's Resolutions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard of Dolly Wink but it's not available here in the Philippines. I am still looking for a FIlipino online reseller though. Happy New year too!! Followed you back on GFC :)

      Delete
  2. I've always wanted to try Majolica Majorca mascaras, since I've heard a lot of great things about them, although I prefer ones with more volume for my tiny asian lashes hahaha.

    Nice review!
    http://daydreamt.org/

    ReplyDelete