Sunday, January 18, 2015

On My Own

"Why are you always alone? Aren’t you lonely? Come on, let’s have fun."
First of all, I don’t feel lonely just because I spend most of my time by myself. I take pleasure in solitary activities. This is probably the one thing that extroverts would never truly understand about us, introverts. I am fine and comfortable with my own thoughts. My parents, brothers, and relatives would even joke about calling me “autistic” which is absurd since they don’t really know what autism is all about. I was even asked by my family if I have friends. FYI, I do have friends and I value each one of them. I’m an introvert not an asocial. I prefer being by myself at times but I also enjoy having conversations and hanging out with my close friends. Contrary to what you people think, we also have fun. We can have fun by ourselves or with others. I even go to clubs occasionally. HA! See?


"You’re weird."
I loathe it when other people call us introverts “weird” for preferring to be alone. If we're weird from your perspective, don't you realize that we might also...


1 comment:

  1. I am the same way! I think that people often believe that being alone makes you lonely....but that isn't always the case. Personally, I need time alone in order to be happy!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete